An Easier Way to Invest
- New, no-experience-required investment app for novice investors offers educational content along the way with simple language and jargon-free approach
- Investors can get started with just $1.001
- Plynk lets investors “cash in” unused gift card values for buying stocks and funds
Jersey City, NJ – July 6, 2021 – Some 80 million2 Americans are interested in investing, but don’t know where to begin. Enter PlynkTM, a new investment app for beginners that helps them get started with investing, build confidence, and gain knowledge along the way.
“We’re thrilled to bring new, fresh thinking to encourage anyone who feels left behind, to be comfortable entering the world of investing,” said Alicia Sundberg, Head of Plynk. “With Plynk, we’ve made the journey welcoming and more in tune with the simplicity of the digital lives we live today; If you can use a shopping app, you can use Plynk’s streamlined experience to help make your first investment.”
“Too often, the industry has overcomplicated investing with unnecessary jargon and complex charts. By including educational content and tips throughout the app, beginning investors aren’t alone – Plynk is here to help,” Sundberg continued.
Have you ever wanted to buy a stock, but didn’t know what a share is? Have you felt nervous to start investing because you think you should be a “professional?” That’s OK! With Plynk, beginning investors will gain this education along the way, and they can start investing with as little as $1.00. Plynk users can buy a piece of a company’s stock for a specific dollar amount – a more practical way in for beginners wanting to start with small amounts.
Plynk has removed the barriers for investing with key app features such as:
- Hands-on Learning: Plynk’s easy-to-use experience helps beginners learn about investing while keeping it fun. With a hands-on “learn by doing” approach, Plynk includes straightforward language, tips, education and how-tos.
- Familiar Shopping Cart Experience: One of the biggest obstacles that beginners face is making the first investment. Knowing that, Plynk asks a few simple questions to sort and filter investments – displaying those that may be of interest ranging from stocks, mutual funds and ETFs. Once the Plynk user is ready to make an investment, they simply specify how much they want to invest and add it to their shopping cart.
- Turn Gift Cards into Investible Cash3: Plynk even helps users invest money that would otherwise be sitting in a junk drawer. Using the app, investors can redeem gift cards and turn unused dollars and “found money” into cash they can invest.
- $20 Sign-up Bonus: Many beginner investors are hesitant to invest their own money, but thanks to a $20 sign-up bonus4, Plynk is giving its new users unexpected dollars to get started. Plus, customers receive three months free starting from the sign-up date. After three months, they will pay a monthly subscription of just $2.00.
See Plynk In Action at the Plynk #DriveYourChange Tour
Eager to see Plynk in action? See for yourself how this new investment app for beginners sets out to transform the world of investing by visiting the Plynk #DriveYourChange Tour, a traveling car that will showcase all things Plynk.
“As we help individuals begin their investment journey, we want to meet more people making real changes in their own lives,” said Sundberg. “This summer we’ll be driving across the country to find and hear the ways people are changing their lives for the better. Change can be intimidating – whether it’s switching careers, moving to a new state, or making your first investment – we could all use support and we want to hear these inspiring stories of change.”
Starting later this summer, the Plynk #DriveYourChange Tour will invite local visitors in Durham, NC; Nashville, TN; Oklahoma City, OK; Kansas City, MO; and Denver CO to literally write on the car the small things they are doing to drive change in their lives. For more details, including dates and locations, join the #DriveYourChange journey by following Plynk on Instagram: @PlynkInvest, opens in new window.
1 Plynk is free for the first three months, after which a $2 monthly subscription fee applies.
2 Online survey of 787 people by 1Q, February 2020
3 Capability supported by third-party service provider, CardCash. Additional information here: www.plynkinvest.com/disclosures/cardcash/
4 For more information about our $20 sign up bonus, view our terms and conditions on www.plynkinvest.com.
Plynk is a new, no-experience-required investing app to help make investing easier for beginners. Created by people who have a passion for making investing simple, Plynk makes it easy to get started, get comfortable and get the hang of investing. Plynk offers straightforward language, clear explanations and just a $1 minimum to make it easy to begin investing. Plynk also includes tips, how-tos and easy to understand educational articles that help beginners learn as they go. Learn more at www.plynkinvest.com.
NOTE: Before investing, consider the mutual fund or exchange-traded products' investment objectives, risks, charges, and expenses. Contact Plynk or visit the PlynkTM app for a prospectus or, if available, a summary prospectus containing this information. Read it carefully. Keep in mind that investing involves risk. The value of your investment will fluctuate over time, and you may gain or lose money. Past performance is no guarantee of future results. Stock markets are volatile and can fluctuate significantly in response to company, industry, political, regulatory, market, or economic developments. Investing in stocks, mutual funds, and ETFs involves risks, including the loss of principal.
Plynk is part of Digital Brokerage Services LLC, a registered broker-dealer by the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission and is a member of the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority.
Ketchum for Plynk
Instagram @PlynkInvest, opens in new window